- Reporting an Absence or Tardy
- Pre-arranged Absences Procedures
- Student Checkout Procedures
- Dropping Off Items for your Student Procedures
- Updating Information Procedures
- Homework Request Procedures
- Watson Entry Procedures
- Messages for Student Procedures
Reporting an Absence or Tardy: Please contact the front office at 719-391-3256, before 9:00 a.m., to report your student's absence or tardiness. All attendance calls will be made beginning at 9:00 a.m.
- If we do not hear from you regarding your student's absence or tardiness he/she will be marked unexcused.
- Unexcused absences and tardies may be referred to an administrator for disciplinary action per the Watson Discipline Guidelines.
- If your student was absent due to an appointment, we highly recommend you bring a copy of the doctor's note so we can document that on your student's attendance record.
A student needing to be absent from school for a known period of time of one day or more shall:
- Present a written parental request to the administration in advance of the absence.
- Present the pre-arranged absence form from the office to the teachers for assignments that will be missed.
- It is recommended that all class work be completed prior to missing school. Otherwise, all work must be turned in upon the student's return. Prearranged absences at the end of a semester and at the end of the school year are not recommended.
- If you need to pick up your student during school hours, we highly recommend that you contact the office 10 minutes prior to your arrival time. This will allow the office to have your student waiting at the office with minimal disruption to the classroom.
- If you do not contact the office prior to your arrival to pick up your student, please know that it may take a little longer to arrange your pick up because we will send a pass for your student.
If you have moved, changed phone numbers or want to change emergency contacts, please stop by the front office or log into your Infinite Campus parent portal to update your information. It is extremely important that we have the most up-to-date and accurate information on your student to help us better serve you.
- Homework requests will only be done after your student has missed 3 days consecutively with the expectation that the work be completed upon the student's return to school.
- If a homework request is necessary, we recommend that the request be made first thing in the morning, before 8:00 a.m.
- We highly recommend that all students check their teacher's websites or Schoology page before requesting homework as many teachers post work on those pages.
- Once homework is requested, it is the responsibility of the parent/guardian to pick up all work at the front office. If the request was made before 8:00 a.m., the homework is usually available by 3:00 p.m. the same day.
- Work that is not picked up will be delivered back to the individual teachers and future requests for homework may be denied.
All visitors to Watson Junior High School will be required to follow the procedure detailed below for entry to the building.
- Identify yourself and your student
- State clearly the purpose of your visit
- Show proper identification
Access will only be approved if visitors are identified and confirmed through our Infinite Campus student information database. In order to prevent delays or denial of access to your school, it is important that your child's IC information and emergency contacts are current and accurate.
If approved for entry, you may be asked to sign in and wear a visitor's badge while in the building.